THE PETE AND ALICE DYE statue stand tall at the Crooked Stick Golf Club in Carmel Indiana, home of today’s Crooked Stick Collegiate Invitational, where the University of Kentucky won the championship in the final round, with the University of Illinois in 3rd place 7 shots back. Medinah Country Club Caddie alum Brendan Sweeney shows off the best of the French Lick Resort in French Lick Indiana. The Donald Ross Course celebrates 100 years, and the Pete Dye Course is in great shape. See FrenchLick.com _____________________________________________________________________
The Volunteer Registration has now opened for the 2018 Constellation Senior Players Championship, at the Exmoor Country Club in Highland Park, that will be contested from July 9-15.
The Western Golf Association (WGA) will be recruiting more than 1,000 volunteers for the championship, to help make sure that championship week is a fantastic experience for all involved, from the players to the patrons that attend.
Volunteer positions from inside the ropes to outside of the ropes are now open. Some of the positions include, marshal’s who work inside the ropes, to player and VIP transportation opportunities. To review all of the 20 volunteer committees, please visit www.cspgolf.com, click on the event tab and then the tab for “Volunteers”. Some positions fill up very quickly so it is wise to sign up as soon as possible.
“The Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship could not take place without the dedication and enthusiasm of hundreds of volunteers,” said Vince Pellegrino, WGA Senior Vice President of Tournaments. “The Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS at Exmoor Country Club will offer a rewarding, exciting week for all involved-the players, spectators and our many volunteers.”
To volunteer you must be 16 years old, and commit to work at least three shifts during the tournament week. Shifts do run from from 4-6 hours long, depending on your assignment. To volunteer you must purchase a volunteer package for $75, that is worth $353.00 dollars. The package includes.
- Two Peter Millar golf Shirts
- One tournament logo’d hat or visor
- A tournament pin
- Four One-day tickets
- One volunteer credential good all week
- One invitation to the volunteer party
- Food and beverage vouchers The volunteer experience is one that you can’t get in most other sports or at other major sporting events. Scott McCarron is the defending champion after a final round 66 at the Philadelphia Cricket Club, allowed him to defeat Bernhard Langer and Brandt Jobe by one shot to win this years tournament. The tournament is one of the five senior majors on the Champions PGA Tour. This will be the first time since the U.S. Sr. Open at Olympia Fields in 1997, the Chicago area will have conducted a senior major championship. Exmoor is one of the seven remaining founding WGA clubs, and one of the original 11 clubs that founded the WGA. The club dates back to 1896 when architect H.J. Tweedie designed the club, and in 1914 architect Donald Ross came in and redesigned the club. More information is on the club’s website, and more information on the Western Golf Association is found at wgaesf.org.